- All furniture deliveries £14.99
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
Ensete Ventricosum Maurelii
Product code: NENMAUTC50
£19.99 Privilege price £17.99
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Whoops, this item is currently out of stock.
We should be getting more very soon. Enter your email address below and we´ll let you know when it´s back in stock.
Red Abyssinian Banana. A variety of 'False Banana' grown for the beautiful deep mahogany red leaves which fan out from the top of strong trunk like stems. This plant makes a statement in a hot border, sheltered from cold winds but is not hardy, so will need to be moved to a heated greenhouse through hard winter weather. Best in well cultivated, moist but well drained soil or a large container on the patio.
Please dont panic if a plant looks different to the image on the Website. It is likely to be in perfect condition for the time of year and just resting before it bursts into action in the coming season.
Plants do look very different throughout the year. Particularly in winter, many shrubs will look rather bare and stick-like and perennial plants may not even be showing through the soil.
- Plant Features
- Plant Care
- Eventual Height: 120-200cm (47-79in)
- Eventual Spread: 60-120cm (24-47in)
- Leaf Colour: Purple
- Plant Type: Perennials
- Pot Size: 5 lt
- Soil Type: Acid
- Conditions Liked: Partial Shade|Sun