- Customer reviews
- All furniture deliveries £14.99
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
0% of our customers liked this product (0 reviews)
Posted Rating Comment 19/Jun/20182 for 1 was a great bargain, very pleased with the bird boxes. 01/May/2018Although I bought these for my daughter, I already have two in my garden currently being inhabited 😃
What can I say, the great **** obviously like them and I can view them from my patio and they look good.
01/Mar/2018Really impressed - very smart and well made. 10/Mar/2017Lovely house for my birds 04/Dec/2016Shall be putting up promptly for birds. Looks robust and easy to clean.
Ernest Charles Slate Bird Box
Product code: 00465897
£14.99 Privilege price £13.49
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Available from Notcutts comes the Ernest Charles Slate Bird Box. Suitable for many species including sparrows, great tits and nuthatches, each box is fitted with a nest box plate around the entrance hole to protect inhabitants from predators.
The floor removes for quick, easy and mess free cleaning.
- FSC certified wood
- Easy to clean
- Colours may vary. In some cases the item may have a dark brown finish.
Guide to positioning your nest box
Deciding where to place your nest box depends on which birds visit you most, the RSPB advises these positions per species:
- Sparrows, tits or starlings: 2-4m up a tree or a wall or high up under the eaves, away from house martins
- Robins and wrens: Under 2m, low down and well hidden in vegetation.
- Spotted flycatcher: 2-4m high, sheltered by vegetation but with a clear outlook.
- Woodpecker: 3-5m high on a tree trunk with a clear flight path and away from disturbance