- Customer reviews
- All Orders Over £75 FREE
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
100% of our customers liked this product (3 reviews)
Posted Rating Comment 01/Mar/2018Very happy with the style and quality of this box - hope our Robin approves - time will tell! 16/Dec/2016excellent product. well made and attractive 04/Dec/2016Feels sturdy and overhanding roof will protect the nest box from the elements. Hope the robins like it!
Ernest Charles Slate Robin Nest Box
Product code: 00465899
£14.99 Privilege price £13.49
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Available from Notcutts comes the Ernest Charles Slate Robin Nest Box. With its slated roof and open front, the box is particularly good for robins.
Fitted with a nest box plate around the entrance hole to protect inhabitants from predators, the also floor removes for quick, easy and mess free cleaning.
- FSC certified wood
- Easy to clean
- Good for robins
- Colours may vary. The item may have dark brown finish
Guide to positioning your nest box
Deciding where to place your nest box depends on which birds visit you most, the RSPB advises these positions per species:
- Sparrows, tits or starlings: 2-4m up a tree or a wall or high up under the eaves, away from house martins
- Robins and wrens: Under 2m, low down and well hidden in vegetation.
- Spotted flycatcher: 2-4m high, sheltered by vegetation but with a clear outlook.
- Woodpecker: 3-5m high on a tree trunk with a clear flight path and away from disturbance