- Customer reviews
- All furniture deliveries £14.99
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
100% of our customers liked this product (3 reviews)
Posted Rating Comment 13/Mar/2018Birds already interested.
Possibly roof needs to be a little stronger at edges.
06/Mar/2017Bird feeder, and the birds love it 27/Feb/2017The 2 Sparrow colony nest boxes I ordered were perfect for what I wanted. Strong and well made.
Ernest Charles Sparrow Colony Nest
Product code: 00465902
£23.99 Privilege price £21.59
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Whoops, this item is currently out of stock.
We should be getting more very soon. Enter your email address below and we´ll let you know when it´s back in stock.
Available from Notcutts comes the Ernest Charles Sparrow Colony Nest. With its slated roof for colony nesting birds (including house sparrows). Each nest box compartment has a separately removable floor for easy cleaning.
- FSC certified wood
- Easy to clean
- Good for colony nesting birds
- Colours may vary. The item may have a dark brown finish.
Guide to positioning your nest box
Deciding where to place your nest box depends on which birds visit you most, the RSPB advises these positions per species:
- Sparrows, tits or starlings: 2-4m up a tree or a wall or high up under the eaves, away from house martins
- Robins and wrens: Under 2m, low down and well hidden in vegetation.
- Spotted flycatcher: 2-4m high, sheltered by vegetation but with a clear outlook.
- Woodpecker: 3-5m high on a tree trunk with a clear flight path and away from disturbance