- Customer reviews
- All Orders Over £75 FREE
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
100% of our customers liked this product (2 reviews)
Posted Rating Comment 06/Mar/2017Bird feeder, and the birds love it 27/Feb/2017The 2 Sparrow colony nest boxes I ordered were perfect for what I wanted. Strong and well made.
Ernest Charles Sparrow Colony Nest
Product code: 00465902
£23.99 Privilege price £21.59
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Available from Notcutts comes the Ernest Charles Sparrow Colony Nest. With its slated roof for colony nesting birds (including house sparrows). Each nest box compartment has a separately removable floor for easy cleaning.
- FSC certified wood
- Easy to clean
- Good for colony nesting birds
- Colours may vary. The item may have a dark brown finish.
Guide to positioning your nest box
Deciding where to place your nest box depends on which birds visit you most, the RSPB advises these positions per species:
- Sparrows, tits or starlings: 2-4m up a tree or a wall or high up under the eaves, away from house martins
- Robins and wrens: Under 2m, low down and well hidden in vegetation.
- Spotted flycatcher: 2-4m high, sheltered by vegetation but with a clear outlook.
- Woodpecker: 3-5m high on a tree trunk with a clear flight path and away from disturbance