- Customer reviews
- All Orders Over £75 FREE
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
100% of our customers liked this product (4 reviews)
Posted Rating Comment 23/Feb/2018Very good value and very good for children to get involved in wildlife. Such shame they were not readily available in all stores as they would have flown out as it was half term 28/Mar/2017The boxes seem robustly made. The paints/brushes supplied should be more than adequate for their decoration. I will forward a pic. of the completed boxes in due time. 01/Mar/2017One of the two nest boxes has already been painted by three of my grandchildren and is out awaiting its occupants. 16/Dec/2016good idea for children. i think
Kids Range - Paint Your Own Nest Box
Product code: 00459019
£4.99 Privilege price £4.49
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Available at Notcutts is this Kids paint your own bird nest. This is a pant your own bird nest which is perfect for getting kids to be creative while taking an interest in wildlife
It comes with four non toxic paints which includes red, green, yellow and blue and two paint brushes
It is also designed to be hung once painted and it has a 32mm entrance hole which is suitable for many species including Sparrows, Great Tits and Nuthatches.
- Dimensions: 18.5cm (h) x 11.5cm (w) x 17.5cm (d)
- Comes with four non-toxic paints and two brushes.
- Material: wood
Guide to positioning your nest box
Deciding where to place your nest box depends on which birds visit you most, the RSPB advises these positions per species:
- Sparrows, tits or starlings: 2-4m up a tree or a wall or high up under the eaves, away from house martins
- Robins and wrens: Under 2m, low down and well hidden in vegetation.
- Spotted flycatcher: 2-4m high, sheltered by vegetation but with a clear outlook.
- Woodpecker: 3-5m high on a tree trunk with a clear flight path and away from disturbance