- Customer reviews
- All furniture deliveries £14.99
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
0% of our customers liked this product (1 reviews)
Posted Rating Comment 22/Jan/2018One of the roses was damaged in transit
Mattocks Deben Sunrise Rose - 5L Potted Rose
Product code: 00500594
£15.99 Privilege price £12.79
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Whoops, this item is currently out of stock.
We should be getting more very soon. Enter your email address below and we´ll let you know when it´s back in stock.
Please be aware that this plant is dispatched fresh from the nursery once a week on a Wednesday, for delivery on the Thursday or Friday.
Please make sure your order is placed by 12pm Tuesday to ensure you qualify for a Wednesday dispatch.
The Mattocks Deben Sunrise is a very special rose celebrating the life of Charles Notcutt who grew the Notcutts family business for over 50 years. Bold and beautiful this rose is inspired by the mornings Charles looked out onto the River Deben from his family home in Woodbridge to see the sun rise and glisten across the water.
This beautiful rose flowers in two amazing colours. Your early season flower will be a lovely pale cream. The second flowering will be a vibrant yellow. This repeat flowering rose has beautiful clusters of medium sized flowers with up to 35 petals and strong fragrance, which is a combination of sweet rose and myrrh on attractive foliage from May to September.
- Position: Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site
- Water and Planting: Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting. Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil. Water well after planting and in dry conditions.
- Aftercare: Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil. Feed in the spring and again in summer.
- Deadheading: Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Pruning: Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Plant Features
- Eventual Height: 0.7 - 1.2 m
- Eventual Spread: 0.7 - 1.2 m
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Flowering Season: Summer
- Leaf Colour: Green
- Planting Season: Any
- Plant Type: Bush Rose
- Pot Size: 5 lt