- All Orders Over £75 FREE
- All Other Orders £4.99
- We want you to be confident about every order you place with us, so we keep our returns policy simple – if you’re not happy with your purchase, we’ll take it back*. Just call our friendly Customer Care Team on 0344 879 4166 and they'll arrange everything. We’re always here to help.
*Please do read our policy on turf returns. As a perishable product, it's subject to slightly different rules.
More information on our returns policy
Product code: NPLOPABCX0
£39.99 Privilege price £35.99
Save 10% today with our Privilege Club
Whoops, this item is currently out of stock.
We should be getting more very soon. Enter your email address below and we´ll let you know when it´s back in stock.
A dessert plum which has an excellent flavour. The flesh is straw yellow, juicy and sweet and the skin is dusky red with a heavy white 'bloom'. The plums are at their best just before they turn deep blue and should be used with two or three days once picked. 'Opal' produces fruit over two or three weeks, in July so there is not usually a glut to deal with. Grow in a sunny spot and well cultivated, moist but well drained soil. In colder parts of the country, this variety may benefit from being grown on a sheltered warm wall, to improve the quantity and flavour of the fruit.
Please dont panic if a plant looks different to the image on the Website. It is likely to be in perfect condition for the time of year and just resting before it bursts into action in the coming season.
Plants do look very different throughout the year. Particularly in winter, many shrubs will look rather bare and stick-like and perennial plants may not even be showing through the soil.
- Special Features: AGM
- Plant Features
- Plant Care
- Eventual Height: 200-500cm (79-197in)
- Eventual Spread: 60-120cm (24-47in)
- Flower Colour: White
- Flowering Season: Spring
- Leaf Colour: Green
- Plant Type: Trees
- Pot Size: 10 lt
- Facing: Any
- Soil Type: Most Soil Types
- Conditions Liked: Full Sun