Rivendell Garden CentreMill LaneWidnesCheshireWA8 3UL
Opening hoursMon9.00am-6.00pmTues9.30am-6.00pmWed9.00am-6.00pmThurs9.00am-6.00pmFri9.00am-6.00pmSat9.00am-6.00pmSun10.30am - 4.30pm
We're only closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day & Easter Sunday
Restaurant hoursMon - Sat 9.00am - 5.00pm Sun10.00am - 4.00pm
Meet the team
Our Manager is David Cooper
"I have been with Notcutts for six years and I love working with my team here at Rivendell to create a great shopping experience for our customers."
We're a traditional plant centre based on the site of an old nursery. Our Planteria team have a wealth of horticultural knowledge and will always be happy to help with any gardening questions you have. We even offer soil testing, personal shopper and home delivery services.
Events in your area
- Container Planting & Herbs (exclusive to Sage members) 9th & 10th May
- Architectural & Topiary Masterclass (exclusive to Sage members) 20th & 21st June
- The Great Garden Tidy (exclusive to Sage members) 5th & 6th September
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Spring bulbs (exclusive to Sage members) 10th & 11th October
Like more details?
Call us on 0151 423 2638. We'll be happy to help.
- Our restaurant
- We love...
Carry to car service
Soil testing service
- Our Terrace Café has recently had a revamp. Why not come along and try one of our delicious home cooked breakfasts or lunches? Or, if you're popped in for some shopping, take a break with a nice warm cup of tea and a slice of cake.
Where possible, we always aim to source local and ethically produced ingredients. We are particularly proud to have won a Silver ‘Eggsellence Award’ from the British Hen Welfare Trust for using only British free range eggs in all our home baked food.
We love the fun, unusual facts about our centre and the local area. Here's a few...
Rivendell Garden centre was named after an Elven community from J. R. R. Tolkien's ‘Lord of the Rings’.
Ann Marie Bold in the 1800’s owned all the surrounding land, hence the name Bold Heath.
The name Widnes came from them Roman word “for the widening of the Mersey”.
Know any more? We'd love to hear from you!
Pop in for a delicious
breakfast, lunch or afternoon piece of cake