Mattocks Nostalgia Rose
Nostalgia Rose an absolutely stunning Hybrid Tea rose with cream flowers, edged with rich cherry-red, produced on long stems held singly or in small clusters. Good fragrance and disease resistance.
- Position: Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Planting: Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting. Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets. Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Aftercare: Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant afterplanting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Dead heading: Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Pruning: Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feeding: Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser
Please note that your plant may look different to the image on the website. It is likely to be in perfect condition for the time of year and just ‘resting’ before it bursts into action in the coming season. Plants do look very different throughout the year. Particularly in winter, many shrubs will look rather bare and stick-like and perennial plants may not even be showing through the soil. We are passionate about roses. Which is why we are proud to stock roses from Mattocks, a multi-award winning breeder founded in 1875.
- Pot size
- Send as a gift
- You are able to send this item as a gift and include a custom message to the recipient.
Your personalised message can be added in checkout. Simply check the box: "Make this order a gift", and fill out the fields. Remember to change the delivery address to the recipients. The delivery will not include an invoice or delivery note and will include your printed message. We do not currently offer a gift wrapping service so the item/s will arrive just like a normal order.
- Product code